Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

FIND: Camilla Connolly Piece


Camilla Connolly - 'Beautiful Paulie' - 2007 - Oil on Canvas - 41cm x 41cm

Crazy things happen. Today I popped into one of my favourite haunts, the Stotts Creek Tip Shop. I get all sorts of amazing stuff there, but today was extra special.

I was on my way out of the shop after buying a timber magazine stand when a piece of artwork took my eye. From a distance I was interested in it's loose, thick oil application, beautiful colours and because I could only see a little bit of it I was certain that it would be a print. But, to my surprise, I picked it up and quickly realised it was an original. Amazing!

$3 later and it was in the car with me.

When I finally got home I did a little looking around and discovered that the artist, Camilla Connolly is a very successful professional artist, and i'd be looking at about $1,000 if I dropped by Anthea Polson's to buy a piece by Camilla!

I was able to get in touch with the artist, just to check that it wasn't a stolen work and while it isn't, she has no idea how it got to the tip, but she was happy that it ended up in my collection.

Thankyou Camilla, amazing.

0 comments: