Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

FIND: Stuff

I've found some great stuff recently.


Check this rad little pin badge, obviously from 1964, sporting the name Ivy Missen of Cremorne, NSW. I wish I could find out what is was for.


I love the beautiful simplicity of the type.

***************************************

I was really fortunate earlier in the week, maybe late last week, when I picked up this original watercolour painting by Kevin Kermond.


You have to see it in real life to appreciate the attention to detail, it's so amazing. The ducks are done so nicely. Really stoked to get this.

I checked it out, it's a portrait of this house:


***************************************

And i picked this up today, not sure what it is, looks to be a little storage box. It has three compartments and is made from tin. Rad little piece that i'll never do anything with but I had to have it!


Have a good weekend!

Troy

6 comments:

kirsty sands June 6, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

Hi troy,
please let me know if you are ever interested in selling your kevin kermond painting.
thanks
kirsty

troy archer June 6, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

Kirsty,

I would love to know more about the painting, do you have any info?

I may be interested in selling it, everything in my garage is generally for sale I guess.

Does it hold some significance to you? I tried so hard to get information but hit roadblocks all over the place.

Cheers, Troy

kirsty sands June 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

Hi Troy,

My uncle painted it and I like to collect them when they become available. I grew up looking at geese and ducks on terrace houses so they hold special sentiment.

I don't know too much about the particular painting - however he painted mainly terrace houses in the east melbourne, south yarra area (and almost always with geese/ ducks)

Let me know if you ever want to sell,
thanks
kirsty

troy archer June 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM  

Kirsty,

It sounds like the painting is better off with you.

Give me a call sometime so we can work out a price, my number is 0403 337 796.

It's a really great painting, but i'd feel bad if I didn't offer it to you.

Regards, Troy

kirsty sands June 22, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

Troy,
it sounds like you would really like to hold onto it and I would be happy if you did so because at least you can appreciate it for artistic reasons!! I do have my own ducks to cherish (i could send you some pics if you are interested in seeing them??) but if it ever starts collecting dust or you decided to part with it...get in contact with me then.
thanks
kirsty

troy archer June 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Kirsty,

I actually could really do with the money at the moment so if you're interested i'd be happy to listen to an offer.

My email address is troy.archer@elementaustralia.com

Cheers. Troy