Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

LD Creation

I was asked recently to do the branding story for Luke Dorrington, an accomplished surfer from the Gold Coast who's father is a long time surfboard maker. Luke has decided to focus on the creation of surfboards himself, as opposed to chasing his dream of being a professional surfer.


It sure was a pleasure to work on this because Luke is a great guy and the only brief I got was "I want something different".

The idea was simple, I wanted to create something stylish and premium, which is what Luke's surfing has been described as. I also wanted to create something strong and timeless.

I'm posting this today because I picked up a surfboard from him, complete with the new logo story, super happy with it.



1 comments:

Anonymous November 13, 2011 at 5:55 AM  

Fred perry may have something to say about the use of their logo.